The kids are back in school, and life is returning to “normal” for us parents. That doesn’t mean quality family time has to stop, though! In and around Dallas, there are tons of great places to take the family and make some wholesome, fun memories! Here are 5 awesome deals on adventures for your family:
Known for it’s incredible wax museum, Ripley’s offers some eye-popping, conversation starting displays. In the idyllic suburb of Grand Prairie, there’s a building that’s not quite like all of the others. Surrounded by minarets and onion domes, the colorful, temple-like structure exudes an air of mystery. There’s a good reason for that, of course: this is an outpost of Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, the globetrotting organization dedicated to the world’s weirdest and wildest sights. Inside the Odditorium, guests can explore the massive collection; spread across 12 galleries and 7,000 square feet, highlights include shrunken heads, vampire-hunting kits, and mutated two-headed animals.
- $10 for one adult admission to the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium ($18.99 value)
- $6 for one ages 4-12 child admission to the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium ($12.99 value)
The wind blows through the trees, the birds sing above, and the gentle sound of hooves surrounds you as you enter the forest at River Ranch at Texas Horse Park. With 302 acres of winding streams, trees, and open farmlands, the park gives its resident horses plenty of room to connect with visitors. River Ranch‘s instructors and horses work with the general public and their instructors lead trail rides and train students of all ages during riding lessons. Sessions focus on grooming, saddling, and basic care in addition to teaching Western and English riding styles.
- $65 for one horseback trail ride for two, valid Monday–Thursday ($120 value)
- $75 for one horseback trail ride for two, valid Saturday or Sunday ($120 value)
- $199 for a two-hour special party with one pony for up to 15 kids ($345 value)
Six Flags Over Texas is ALWAYS a great option for family fun! There are over 100 rides, live shows, and attractions sprawled across 212 acres of fun for visitors of all ages. Read on to learn about some of the park’s newest and most popular attractions.
- Gotham City: In this special section of the park, DC fans can experience the thrills of BATMAN The Ride, which turns the Caped Crusader into an inverted roller coaster. New rides in Gotham City include RIDDLER Revenge (a swinging adventure atop a swaying pendulum) and the twists and whirls of the CATWOMAN Whip and HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity
- Titan: This favorite sends riders racing down a 255-foot drop until they reach a top speed of 85 miles per hour—and that’s only the beginning.
- New Texas Giant: This updated version of the park’s classic Texas Giant features trains modeled after vintage Cadillacs, multiple turns banked up to 115°, and over 4,506 feet (1,373 m) of track. Amusement Today voted it the Best New Ride of 2011
- Other Attractions: Check out Bugs Bunny Boomtown and its 10-kid friendly attractions or grab a bite at one of the park’s many restaurants which serve everything from burgers to Asian cuisine.
- $44.99 for single-day admission for one ($72.99 value)
The smooth, pastel-tone corridors of Mountasia Family Fun Park‘s two 18-hole miniature golf courses encircle the rising crags of a central waterfall that cascades past greens of orb-rolling entertainment. Parties of all ages can choose from two different courses, navigating around obstacles that include burbling rapids and caves. The turn-filled go-kart course provides tandem go-karts so youngsters can join the four-wheel fun, and inside batting cages patrons flail away using a trusty bat. Elsewhere onsite, water enthusiasts are invited to enjoy bumper boats, Mountasia’s 30-foot rock wall beckons to altitude-immune adventurers, virtual thrills reside in the video arcade, and guests take aim at each other in a post-apocalyptic laser tag area.
- $19 for 18-holes of mini-golf, one go-kart race, and 20 arcade tokens each for two people ($40 value)
- $37 for 18-holes of mini-golf, one go-kart race, and 20 arcade tokens each for four people ($80 value)
- $56 for 18-holes of mini-golf, one go-kart race, and 20 arcade tokens each for six people ($120 value)
For more than 40 years, skaters have circled the Thunderbird Roller Rink. Since it’s inception, though, it’s undergone some modern upgrades. For one, it’s now outfitted with neon laser lights, perfect for glow-in-the-dark roller-skating parties. For another, on breaks from open skating or lessons, guests can visit a snack bar that complements its freshly baked pizza with cable TV.
- $7 for admission for two, including quad skate rentals ($16 value)
- $9 for admission for two, including quad skate rentals and a pitcher of soda ($22 value)
- $14 for admission for four, including quad skate rentals ($32 value)
- $16 for admission for four, including quad skate rentals and a pitcher of soda ($38 value)