HOT ITEM PRICE COMPARISONS
BLACK FRIDAY ADS & HOURS
Ace Hardware- 12 am
Bass Pro – 5am
Best Buy- 12 am
Costco- 9 am
Dollar General- 7 am Thanksgiving
Family Dollar- Thanksgiving 8am
Famous Footwear- BOGO 50% off + 20% off!
HEB- 6 am
JoAnn- 6 am
JcPenney- 4 am
Kohl’s- midnight Thursday
Lowe’s- 5 am
Macy’s- 12 am
Michaels-Nov. 22, 4 p.m., for 30 percent off your entire purchase; Nov. 23, 7 a.m., for 50 percent off any one item. Plus: 50 percent off Christmas trees on Nov. 23 at 4 p.m.
Office Depot- 6 am
Office Max- 6 am
Old Navy- 12 am
PetSmart- 7 am
Radio Shack- 6 am
Sams Club- 7 am ((Shop online starting at 11 p.m. on Nov. 21 EST.)
Sears- 4 am, Nov. 22, 8 p.m. for select doorbusters and open all night. Another round of doorbusters will be released Nov. 23 at 4 a.m.
Shoe Carnival- Up to $10 off coupon
Sports Authority- 12 am
Staples- 5 am
Target- 9pm Thanksgiving
Toys R Us- 8pm Thanksgiving
True Value (not released)
Walgreens- 7 am
Walmart- 8pm Thanksgiving, 10pm – 11pm In Stock guarantee, 5pm Black Friday. If you visit the store on Thanksgiving day from 10 pm – 11 pm they are guaranteeing that the three items listed below will be in-stock! If they do sell out before the end of the hour, you can purchase a guarantee card to ensure that you will get the item shipped to that store for pick-up before Christmas That means as long as your there between those times, you’re guaranteed to get these! There is a limit of one guarantee card per customer per item.
Here is your Walmart map!
Items Included in the Guarantee are:
iPad2 16GB Wi-Fi – $399 (Plus Get a $75 Gift Card)
LG Blu-Ray Player – $38
Emerson 32″ LCD 720p TV
Before you head to the stores, check out Amazon.com. The price wars between Walmart, Target, and Amazon are always strong and Amazon is matching and beating many deals while providing free shipping so check online before you shop.
*Get your coupons ready!!!! Plan ahead and put them in an envelope labelled “Black Friday”. If you really want to get organized, use separate envelopes for each store you will be going too!
*Research your products before you buy. If you plan to head to the stores, do your research online. Cheaper is not always better!
* Make a list, plan what stores you need to go to first to get the “hot” item and maybe take a partner with you to tag team stores.
*Shop Online While Standing in Line. Last year, about 70% of in-store Black Friday deals can be found online for the same or better prices. Last year I went Black Friday shopping on my couch! However, there are a few deals that will drag you out of bed at 4 am that you can’t get online! Arrive early and be prepared to stand in a long checkout line. While your in line, go online to MyDFWMommy, where I will be bringing you super hot online deals!
*Secret Deals Online! On Thanksgivings past, retailers like Best Buy have advertised additional Black Friday deals online that weren’t in their circulars. Despite the best Black Friday planning, these “secret” deals are last-minute reasons to plan for an early start on Black Friday; you’ll want to know what to look for and where to secure an exclusive deal.
* Dress in comfy shoes because those long lines can get hard on your feet!
*Take some snacks… you never know when hunger strikes and yes… you DO burn calories standing in lines!
*Don’t feel like you have to get EVERYTHING on Black Friday. In fact, I find the great deals often continue or even get better in December. Relax… there is still time and don’t forget about Cyber Monday!
More Stores Will Offer Mobile Promotions
Mobile shopping is on the rise, and as a result, many stores now offer dedicated shopping apps, Twitter feeds, and Facebook pages where followers are rewarded with exclusive discounts and coupon codes.
4G Will Make Showrooming Easier
Showrooming — the act of going to a brick-and-mortar store to test drive a product before purchasing it online for less — is on the rise. This could help you save on site too, as some retailers like Best Buy will make an attempt to counter showrooming by price-matching deals found online via your smartphone.
Make sure those that price match will honor it on Black Friday (I would actually CALL your local store). Once you’re at the store, be sure to bring the competing sales circular with you!
This year a lot of stores are going to be in the price matching game which means you have more options for picking up all of the great deals this holiday season! Here are the stores that are offering holiday price matching and the details of each program. These policies are great if you plan to buy some of this season’s hottest toys that are very likely to sell out by the first week of December, but you still want the best price!
Walmart’s Ad Match Guarantee will be in effect on Black Friday.
We gladly match the price in the following types of ads:*
- Buy one, get one free ads with a specified price
- Example: Buy one for $2.49, get one free (BOGO)
- Competitors’ ads that feature a specific item for a specified price
- Preferred shopping card prices for specific items that are in a printed ad
- For fresh produce and meat items when the price is offered in the same unit type (lb. for lb.; each for each)
*The following are guidelines and limitations:
- We will match any local competitor’s advertised price.
- We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor’s ad.
- Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)
We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:
- Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price
- example: “Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C”
- Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product
- example: “Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C] for free”
- Items that require a purchase to get a competitors’ gift card
- example: “Buy [item A] to get a $B gift card
- Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given
- Going out of business or closeout prices
- Percentage off
- example: “All mascara, 40% off”
- Competitors’ private label price promotions
We do not honor:
- Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined
- Internet pricing
- Misprinted ad prices of other retailers
- “Going out of business” sales or “closeout” prices
The Holiday Price Guarantee does not apply to Black Friday sales.
Target will be offering a holiday Price Match policy this year starting November 1st. They will NOT be matching deal on 11/22-11/24.
Holiday Price Matching: Target prices and competitor printed adsWe’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at a Target store between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24 and find the identical item for less at Target, Target.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad. Simply bring in proof of the current lower price and we’ll match that price at the Guest Service desk.
- The original Target receipt must be brought in when requesting the price match by Dec. 24.
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
- For matching Target.com, the retail price must be shown on the Target.com website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested. Target.com pricing must be validated by a Target team member.
- For matching competitor ads, the retail price must be shown in the competitor’s advertisement and must be valid the day the price match is requested.
- Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date, retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
- Price matches for prices offered Nov. 22–24 by Target, Target.com or a competitor are excluded.
- We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at a Target store between Nov. 1 and Dec. 16 and find the identical item for less at Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com or BabiesRUs.com. Simply show us the current online price using your mobile device, or bring in a printed page showing the current online price by Dec. 16. The online price and availability will be validated by a Target team member at the Guest Service desk.
- Excludes “Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be sold by Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from 3rd party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
- Excludes Target stores in Alaska and Hawaii.
- Limit quantity of 1 online price match per identical item, per guest.
- Must bring in original Target receipt when requesting the price match by Dec. 16.
- The retail price must be shown on the competitor’s website and must be valid at the time the price match is requested.
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
- Online prices from Nov. 22–26 are excluded.
- Excludes online prices from competitors not listed above.
What is excluded from the Holiday Price Match?
In addition, the following exclusions apply:
- Items originally purchased at Target.com
- Prices that only display on a website after guests log in
- Purchases from CityTarget stores
- For items that are out of stock at Target or a competitor at the time the price match is requested; rain checks will not be issued for any item being price matched
- Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity
- Paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee)
- Competitor coupon-required or gift card offers
- Competitor price matches on items where Target is offering a free gift card
- Prices advertised only as a percent off or dollar off
- Buy one, get one if the retail price is not shown in the advertisement
- Free product where no qualifying purchase is required
- Bundled offers (including Amazon.com add-on items) and special purchases
- Timed events (e.g., early bird, door busters)
- Sales tax promotions
- Damaged, refurbished and open package product
- Clearance or closeout items
- Mail in offers or instant rebates
- Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.)
- Going-out-of-business liquidations
- Offers that include financing
- Used or previously owned items
- Pricing or typographical errors
- Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers
- Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name)
- Contract cell phone plans and devices
- Daily Deals, Lightning Deals, Gold Box Deals, Today’s Deals, Deal of the Day, Deal Near to Me, Value of the Day, Special Buy
- Target team member discounts may not be used with online competitor price match
All matches are done against pre-tax prices; guest is responsible for applicable taxes.
If you didn’t know, there is an everyday Target Price Match policy.
Toys “R” Us/Babies “R” Us Price Match Guarantee
Toys”R”Us and Babies”R”Us will match competitor store pricing on ALL products in our store.
Here are the guidelines:
- Price Match is valid for in-store purchases only.
- We will match all competitor store advertised prices.
- We’ll match Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com online pricing in our stores, except for online-only prices.
- Items purchased must be identical to the items advertised (e.g., brand, color, size).
- The original, complete competitor ad, with valid dates, must be presented at time of purchase.
- Prices are matched after deducting any Toys”R”Us and/or Babies”R”Us coupon savings and other offers from our price.
- Price match is given at the time of purchase or within 7 days of purchase date with a valid receipt.
We will not match prices for competitors':
- Category-wide or storewide discounts
- Buy One Get One with purchase offers
- Gift with purchase offers
- Percentage (%) off discounts
- Out-of-stock or limited quantity items
- Doorbuster items
- Prices advertised on Black Friday
- Internet pricing for non-baby gear items
Plus! We’ll also match online prices for all identical items or models of baby gear merchandise from selected national competitors who carry a large variety of juvenile and baby products.
Additional guidelines for baby gear:
- Online advertisements and prices from selected national competitors will be price matched in store.
- Competitor shipping charges will be calculated and factored in the cost of the online price.
- Baby gear includes the following items: high chair, play yards, swings, bouncers, entertainers, bassinets, doorway jumpers,
- jumperoos, car seats and accessories, strollers and accessories, shopping cart covers, bottle totes and changing pads.
Retail Competitors – Stores
If you find a lower price on an identical brand and model number currently available for sale at another local competitor’s retail store, Sears will match that price. Just bring in the original advertisement to a sales associate at the time of, or within 14 days after, your purchase.
Retail Competitors – Online
If you find a lower online price (including any costs for shipping and handling, but not delivery) on an identical brand and model number currently available from a local competitor’s retail store honoring its own online price and the item is currently available for sale and delivery in your area, Sears will match the price of the merchandise. Just print the ordering page (including the costs for shipping and handling), and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 14 days after, your purchase. If you are purchasing the item from sears.com, please fill out a Price Match form. Sears will not price match internet-only retailers.
Sears Branded Stores and Sears Branded Websites
If you find a lower price on an identical brand and model number from another Sears branded non-outlet retail format or website, Sears will match that price. Sears will not price match limited time Online Only events, special Online Price, or conditional Online Only Special Offers on our websites. Only items listed as Sold by Sears or Sold by Kmart are eligible for price matching on our websites. Sears will not price match any Marketplace items or any items sold by Sears Outlet or searsoutlet.com. All other rules for qualification apply.
Sears will not price match competitor’s items that are limited in quantity, offered for sale for less than six hours during a day or door busters. Sears will not price match items offered for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, bonus or free offers, special offers, online-only offers, bundled offers, rebates, any special financing offers, coupons, protection agreements, clearance or closeout prices, or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise. Sears will not price match services (including, but not limited to, delivery, installation, and assembly), parts, Sears Licensed partner websites, digital services, Sears Presents or Shop At Home catalogs. Stores in Puerto Rico, Alaska, and Hawaii will not match any online prices. Sears will not match typographical errors or competitor’s prices that result from a price match. Sears will not price match Kenmore items at non-Sears Holdings retail formats.
Price Protection Policy
Buy with confidence from Sears. If an item you have purchased from Sears goes on sale for a lower price within 14 days of your purchase, Sears will refund the difference. All Price Match rules and exclusions apply including no Price Protection adjustments between Thanksgiving Day and the Monday after Thanksgiving.
To claim a Price Protection Policy adjustment, go to your original Sears store where the purchase was made with your receipt. If your purchase was made on Sears.com, please fill out a Price Protection form.. You will be given a refund for the difference of the original selling price and the current advertised/reduced price. Apparel clearance merchandise and conditional Online Only Special Offers do not qualify for Price Protection Policy adjustments.
Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor’s store, a local Best Buy retail store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period.
The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors’ website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors’ service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.
Here are stores that have price matched in the past… double check!
Amazon- only price-matches TV purchases. For TVs, you must email via a link on your order page for “found a lower price.”
Home Depot -If the customer finds a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from any retailer, Home Depot will match the price and beat it by 10%. Excludes special orders, bid pricing, volume discounts, open-box merchandise, labor and installation, sales tax, rebate and free offers, typographical errors, and online purchases.
Lowe’s- will beat the price by 10% for an identical product at any local retail competitor that has the item in stock. Must bring the competitor’s current ad or Lowe’s will call to verify the item’s price. Price guarantee honored at all Lowe’s retail locations. Some restrictions apply. Call local store for more details.
Office Depot -Must show ad for lower price at another store on a new, identical item. Office Depot will match the price at the time of purchase, or if the customer presents the ad within 14 days of the purchase, Office Depot will pay the difference.
OfficeMax- Must complete the OfficeMax online Price Match Request. Some exclusions apply.
Staples’- price match guarantee applies to participating individual stores on the day after Thanksgiving. Must show the lower price on a new identical item, or within 14 days of the purchase and Staples will pay the difference.