Today Amazon and Audible announced a new benefit for Prime members. Members can now enjoy unlimited free access to the new short-form digital audio service, Audible Channels, as well as a rotating selection of more than 50 audiobooks from Audible’s catalog.
Audible Channels features a consistently refreshed, thoughtfully organized selection of original programs, distinctive comedy, lectures, and audio editions of standout articles and news from The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Harvard Business Review, Foreign Affairs, Charlie Rose, McSweeney’s, The Onion, and other leading periodicals.
Prime members will also discover the first episodes or previews of the following original programs, subsequent episodes of which they’ll be able to explore and enjoy for free in the coming months:
- The Butterfly Effect, hosted by Jon Ronson, which explores the question, what happens when we expect things for free?
- Ponzi Supernova, a fascinating look at Bernard Madoff, the man behind the largest Ponzi scheme in history, featuring exclusive jailhouse interviews with Madoff himself
- Damned Spot, a series that examines the afterlife of places defined by tragic events
- West Cork, a true crime series about an unsolved society murder, set on the south coast of Ireland
- Extra Credit with Neal Pollack, in which the author, musician and comedian takes his 13-year-old son’s education into his own hands, and hilarity ensues
New original programs will be introduced regularly.
Audible Playlists include:
- Get Smart, in which Audible editors scour the world to unearth uncommon knowledge that will make you the most interesting person you know
- Punchlines, your front-row seat to comedy clubs across America
- Science This, in which Audible editors uncover the accessible and fascinating science that connects you to your universe
- Impact, your source of insights, commentary and reporting to give perspective, meaning and context to the news
Free Audiobook Selection for Prime Members. Prime members will also be able to stream a rotating selection of more than 50 premium audiobooks, across nine Prime-exclusive channels, including:
- Top-rated audiobooks across a range of genres, such as Mary Kubica’s The Good Girl, Karl Marlantes’ What It Is Like to Go to War, Matthew Quick’s The Silver Linings Playbook, Anne Lamott’s Stitches and Orson Scott Card’s Ender’s Game Alive
- Celebrity-narrated classics, such as Scarlett Johansson’s performance of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Rosamund Pike’s narration of Pride and Prejudice, and a full-cast recording of Dracula, starring Alan Cumming
- Shared listening experiences for the family, including Clifford the Big Red Dog, Winnie-the-Pooh, and The Velveteen Rabbit
Now free for Prime members, Audible Channels is otherwise available to purchase for $4.95 a month or the equivalent of $59.40 per year.
Not a Prime member? Try Prime today and enjoy fast free shipping, exclusive access to movies, TV shows and music, Kindle books and much more. PLUS the first 30 days is FREE! You can cancel at anytime before the free trial ends.