Each year, those of Asian descent inaugurate the coming lunar year with the Lunar New Year Festival, their most celebrated and significant holiday. Join them to observe and celebrate the Lunar New Year, to share the Southeast Asian cultures and traditions with communities in the vicinity, to provide opportunities for companies and organizations to promote their products and services to a highly targeted audience, and to offer youth and non-profit organizations a venue to participate in leadership development, community service, and fundraising opportunities to support their cultural and educational programs.
Asia Times Square is honored to present to the community the largest annual Lunar New Year Festival in the entire North Texas area attracting thousands of patrons throughout the Metroplex and neighboring cities and states for the past nine years.
Once again, Asia Times Square is proud to announce “The 10th Annual Asia Times Square Lunar New Year Festival 2017, “Year of the Rooster.” This year’s festivities will be spread over two weekends beginning Jan 20th through Jan 29th. It will be co-hosted by Hong Kong Market Place, VIETV network and Forever Yes Event.
Asia Times Square Lunar New Year Festival
2615 W Pioneer Pkwy, Grand Prairie, Texas 75051
COST: Free entry and parking. Food will be available for purchase.
HIGHLIGHTS: The following will highlight the main programs during the festival
• Nightly Music Concerts with various styles performed by famous Vietnamese singers from California and other local bands.
• Day-time: Multicultural performances, Flash mob dance, Lions Dances, Dragon Dances, martial arts exhibitions, Vietnamese Bingo, Firecrackers
• Flower Festival
• ATS Rising Stars 2017: Children’s singing contest with impressive prizes: $2,000 (1st place), $1,000 (2nd Place), $500.00 (3rd place)
• Ethnic foods and drinks representing Asian, Hispanic, and American cultures.
• Photo, Commercial booth vendors
• Handmade Clay Art Products
• Children & Teenagers activities: Carnival Games, Creative zone, Kidzone, Face Painting
Friday January 20th, 2017 6:00 pm – midnight
Saturday January 21st, 2017 10:00 am – midnight
Sunday January 22nd, 2017 10:00 am – 10: 00 pm
Friday January 27th, 2017 6:00 pm – midnight
Saturday January 28th, 2017 10:00 am – midnight
Sunday January 29th, 2017 10:00 am – 10: 00 pm
See what else is going on around town HERE!
Be sure to go here to checkout discounted ticket prices for events in Dallas and Fort Worth! Also, keep in mind that Groupon and LivingSocial always have great deals on local shops, restaurants, spas and more. GoldStar also offers half-priced entertainment! For other ways to save on going out, try Pogo Pass or City Pass!