I absolutely adore summer. And according to a recent survey by Balance Bar, 43% of Americans feel most balanced during the summer!
The official start of summer is June 21st, it’s the perfect time to get outside, enjoy the beautiful weather and start feeling more balanced. Here are some tips from Gabby Reece to stay active and eat smart.
• Make it your own: There is not one right way to get it done. There is the right way that works for you. When it comes to eating healthy, find the foods you like and implement those into your daily diet. The same goes for exercise. If you hate the gym then find something outside that is manageable for you. This is not about torture; this is about creating a lifestyle that you can do week after week.
• Watch the calendar: Use summer for motivation to shape up but don’t wait for June 21st. If you wait until summer actually starts, you’ll feel rushed and end up crash dieting or doing a crazy workout schedule. I personally like to keep a calendar in my kitchen and cross off the days as I countdown to bikini weather. The visual reminder – right where you eat – is helpful in keeping you on track.
• Sign up a friend: We tend to be more successful at accomplishing some type of exercise if we have an accountability partner. Solicit a friend and maybe use this as your time to connect. You can train for a 5k together or join an outdoor boot camp (UFC Gym is my favorite); there are a lot more options now that the weather is improving.
• Plan to snack: Take snacks (like fruit, nuts or a Balance Bar®) wherever you go to prevent mindless eating. If I have an afternoon or early evening workout planned, I make sure to have one of these handy an hour or so before so that I have plenty of energy to get in a good workout.
• Variety is key: Make as many meals as you can at home so you can control your nutrition. These are some of my favorite recipes,– fresh and full of veggies for springtime! To keep things interesting and fresh at my house, I try to rotate foods. One night I may go for something heavier with veggies and grains, and then the next night focus on proteins. I really try to change up the food and create a great deal of variety.
• Each day is a new chance and it’s never too late: If you fall out of your summer shape up routine one day, don’t sweat it. Forgive yourself and move on – and just keep moving!
We are offering a great giveaway courtesy of Balance Bar! Leave a comment below about your goals for summer and the winner will receive Balance bare bars and a Balance Bar headband.
A winner will be chosen on 5/12! Good luck!
Disclaimer: I received product as part of a sponsored collaboration with Balance Bar. The opinions posted here are 100% my own!