Welcome to our new series, “My Dallas Mommy’s Top 10”! Each week, we’ll highlight a top 10 list of our favorite things!
Dallas is known for its upscale, cosmopolitan charm, and amazing restaurants. But not all of us can afford the expensive dining establishments all the time. There are some amazing cheap places to eat in Dallas, and we’ve rounded up our favorites for the budget-friendly masses!
Top 10 Cheap Places to Eat in Dallas
10. Sonny Bryan’s: When in Texas, you have to eat BBQ. It is a rule! Well, not really but it should be. At Sonny Bryan’s, you can satisfy your tastebuds with smoky brisket, tender ribs, delicious cole slaw and more. It’s how we do Texas on the cheap!
Cheap meal: FRIDAY’S DEAL: Pig Out Platter & a drink – $10.29
9.Masami: When it is time for everyone to break at work and go to lunch, sushi is the way to go. At Masami, they are known for making the best sushi in town and are considered the most popular sushi chef in DFW by many residents!
Cheap meal: The Lunch Box Special has 4 Spicy Tuna Rolls, Teriyaki Chicken, Shrimp/Vegetable Tempura, Salad, and comes with Miso Soup and Rice. Priced at $6.95!
8.Jimmy’s Food Store: In the mood for a sandwich? Jimmy’s Food Store always has fresh and delicious sandwiches that are packed full of of meats, cheeses and veggies. Their sandwiches are big enough to feed at least 2 people!
Cheap meal: Sandwiches for only $6.99
7. Angry Dog: Deep Ellum is where you need to go when you’re looking for a unique experience and cheap meal! This chaotic restaurant actually makes the disorder work for it, and they serve up ridiculously yummy food! In fact, Angry Dog made our Top Ten Burger Places in Dallas, too!
Cheap meal: $6.50 for 10 wings or Angry Dog Hot Dog for only $7.
6. Bubba’s Cooks Country: This casual little join has been around since 1981, and serving up down home cooking fit for a true southern lady or gent. It’s comfort food at its finest, but without the heavy prices!
Cheap meal: Under $10 lunch offers, including a fried chicken thigh, mashed potatoes, green beans and a yeast roll for under $7.
5. John’s Cafe: Greenville Ave boasts John’s Cafe. This place has been cooking up cheap food for 40 years, and the recession doesn’t seem to effect them! Score huge omelets for under $8, over 25 different sandwiches for $5-$9 and much, much more.
Cheap meal: Breakfast Special – 2 eggs, choice of ham, bacon or sausage, hashbrowns or grits, and toast or biscuits for only $6.20
4. Kazy’s Gourmet: Who wants sushi!? If you’re in the mood for Japanese food, you’ll want to head out to Kazy’s, for sure! This little place is simply a counter in the back of a market, where you can order up some serious sushi, ramen and more for super cheap
Cheap meal: Bento Box with chicken teriyaki, California roll, vegetable tempura, soup and salad for only $7.
3.Off-Site Kitchen: If you are looking for a gourmet burger, stop by Off-Site Kitchen located on Singleton Blvd. Grab a burger, crispy sloppy taco, a massive sandwich and more for very generous prices!
Cheap deal: 48-hour Cracked Pepper Brisket $8.25
2.Chicken Scratch: Located on Pittman Street in West Dallas, this is where you need to go if you want chicken. It’s classic with a twist that makes it better, but can’t be explained. They also have huge salad bowls, homemade buttermilk biscuits, live music and more!
What’s on the menu: Chicken and Coconut Waffle for just $10
1. Kuby’s Sausage House: This unique little restaurant offers a touch of German charm. Around since 1961, Kuby’s has some amazing options on their breakfast and lunch menus. If you’ve never had German food, we suggest heading to Kuby’s, because you can’t get much better, this side of the world! Get pretty much every german sausage you can think of, including brats and wurst, plus wiener schnitzel and corned beef, all between $5 and $10. That’s INSANELY cheap! And this is why we choose Kuby’s as number one on our list of cheap places to eat in Dallas!
Cheap meal: House-smoked pork chop, 2 eggs and country potatoes is less than $9.
Where to you head in Dallas for cheap meals?
Check out the rest of our Top 10 Series!
Just a few of our favorites:
Want more? Be sure to go here to checkout discounted ticket prices for events in Dallas and Fort Worth! Also, keep in mind that Groupon and LivingSocial always have great deals on local shops, restaurants, spas and more. GoldStar also offers half-priced entertainment! For other ways to save on going out, try Pogo Pass or City Pass!