*Summer in Dallas
Throughout the month of May at various locations, girls ages 8 and up can participate in various events.Head over here to see the full list of dates and participating locations as well as a phone number to make reservations. Keep in mind that ticket prices will vary by event.
*Bites and Flights
Bites & Flights is West 7th’s premier Food & Wine event. With so many unique restaurants, West 7th dining options are diverse and delicious! Try a complete sample tasting from participating restaurants on a lovely Sunday afternoon. For just $25, you can purchase a Foodie Wristband and have a small plate sample from each participating West 7th restaurant.
Want more? Visit our Wine Tasting Pagoda where wineries will be sampling their wines. For $12, you get a commemorative wine glass and five tasting tickets to use inside the pagoda.
A limit supply of wristbands will be available, so you’ll want to purchase ahead of time! The registration and wristband pickup tables will be located between Thirteen Pies and FW Market + Table.
A portion of Foodie wristband sales will go back to Tarrant Area Food Bank and they are also encouraging guests to bring non-perishable food items with them to the event.
Yep, this is my favorite place for my daughter to go and the price is right! Plus it gives me and the hubs and little time alone!
Join Best Gymnastics on May 14th from 6:00pm – 10:00pm for our Sports-a-palooza Party! Drop off your kids for a fun night full of a variety of sports including: soccer, kickball, basketball, and more! The party will also include other fun filled games, activities, open gym, and tons of fun while you take the night off and go out on the town.
At Best Gymnastics we know safety is important to our parents. Safety certified coaches closely supervise all of the events at Best Gymnastics. In addition, we also utilize a wristband system for added security at drop off and pick up.
Sports-a-palooza is for ages 3 and up, and admission is $25 per child, but siblings receive a $5 discount. Pre-paid reservations are highly recommended, as space is limited! Don’t wait until the last minute! Give the a call at 972-874-8800 or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot today! Registration can also be done online.
See you there!
We’ve done a complete round up of free summer events for kids and DFW Summer Staycation! ThisCityPass is a great resource for saving in Dallas and other cities. Basically, it’s a booklet of admission tickets to the best attractions in a single city. You’ll save up to 50% compared to combined regular box office prices!
What do you get?
Here’s what’s included in a Dallas CityPASS ( $46 Adults & $31 Kids):
1. Perot Museum of Nature and Science~ 3D Film and Museum General Admission, including any public programming on day of admission
2. Reunion Tower GeO-Deck~ General admission offering 360-degree views from the indoor and outdoor observation deck atop one of Dallas’ most iconic structures.
3. Dallas Zoo~ General admission to the 106-acre zoo OR the Sixth Floor Museum~ Includes audio tour and admission to the permanent exhibit and temporary exhibits on the seventh floor.
4. George W. Bush Presidential Library & Museum OR Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden~ General admission to the main garden.
Plus you’ll get additional coupons off city attractions.
Here is a great deal! Pay $16.99 Admission to Hawaiian Falls Waterpark – 4 DFW Locations (Up to $27.99 Value). Better hurry as this typically sells out super fast!
Hawaiian Falls, one of Texas’ best-loved family waterparks now has 4 DFW locations: The Colony, Garland, Mansfield and Roanoke. We want you to experience them all. With this deal, you can experience them all!
For just $16.99, spend a full day at any of the five parks enjoying amusements for adults and children, from the speed slides, to the lazy river. Enjoy splashwater reef, water rides, and the wave pool.
Purchase multiple tickets and you’ll be able to entertain your friends and family, at any of the Hawaiian Falls waterparks.
Grab your lawn chairs and blankets and head to Movies in the Park tonight. It will be a fun evening for the whole family to enjoy. This year, they will be showcasing three different parks. Each feature will be at a different park in Highland Village. Please refer to website for the feature location.
Fridays, May 6 – 20, 7:00 PM
There is no entry fee and movies start at dark.
May 6 – Inside Out – Pilot Knoll Park
May 13 – Goosebumps – Unity Park
May 20 – Finding Nemo – Pilot Knoll Park
Plan to do some roller skating? Here is a great way to save at Interskate Roller Rink!
Choose Between Two Options
- $10 for a roller skatingpackage for two ($24 value)
- $18 for a roller skatingpackage for four ($48 value)
Skate packages include the following for each person:
- Skate rentals
- One drink
Have a blast with 1 Hour of FREE Bowling and shoe rental for all kids, specially priced $1 hot dogs and $1 soft drinks, and an exclusive discount on 1 hour of bowling for grownups. Experience all the fun of Kids Fest May 14 from 1-5pm !
Pogo Pass is a year long, family based entertainment pass, that gets pass holders into some of the best venues in Dallas. If you’re staying in town and looking for fun stuff to do, get a Pogo Pass. Or if you’re going to San Antonio, Austin or Waco this is a super hot deal too!
Head over here and use code MYDFWMOMMY and get 60% off (you’ll pay $49.98 instead of $124.95). Just Hawaiian Falls and the Fort Worth Zoo are over $40 by themselves!
Take a step back in time to the 16th Century with Kings and Queens in North Texas! Scarborough Renaissance Festival runs only on weekends for a couple of months in the Spring, and it is a great family event.
Here are dates and pricing.
Apr 09 – May 30
(Plus Memorial Day)
10am – 7pm
2511 FM 66, Waxahachie, TX 75167
Adults : $23
Seniors (65+) : $21
Youth (5-12) : $10
Kids (0-4) : FREE
Parking : FREE
We found this Groupon for half off entry that isn’t available YET! (I don’t know when or if it will become available so keep checking as it’s the best deal so far)
So we found some other alternatives:
– Use promo code COLLEGEUTA to save $6.
– A ‘2 tickets for $40’ coupon can be found at North Texas METROPCS stores from March 28th through May 1st
– Discount tickets can be purchased at TOM THUMB & ALBERTSONS stores ($22 for adults, $9 for children)
– $2.00 off discount coupons are available at WAXAHACHIE AUTOPLEX.
– Active MILITARY Personnel and up to four members of their family receive $4.00 off admission (valid only for adult tickets) upon showing valid military identification at the Scarborough Renaissance Festival® Ticket Office. Offer only valid at the Gate.
– SENIORS (65+) receive $2.00 off of adult admission upon showing valid identification at the Scarborough Renaissance Festival® Ticket Office. Offer only valid at the Gate.
– OPENING WEEKEND ONLY (4/9/16 – 4/10/16): Up to 3 children admitted free with each paid adult. Seniors (65+) are 1/2 price.
*Stamp Out Hunger
On Saturday, May 14, 2016, the Letter Carriers’ Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive celebrates its 24th year helping the hungry.
All you need to do is fill your bag (you should have received one in the mail – if not a brown paper bag will work) with non-perishable food and leave it by your mailbox on May 14th before your usual mail delivery time.
They will deliver all donations to local food pantries.
You can view frequently asked questions HERE.
*The Vitamin Shoppe
On Saturday, May 14, all Vitamin Shoppe stores across the country will host a “Commit to Fit” Share the Health Expo® from11am – 2pm (local time) to help customers prepare for the summer season. Customers will have the opportunity to sample healthy goodies, learn about nutrition and supplements and meet with local wellness partners.
Expo Event Features Include:
- First 50 guests receive a gift box with samples*
- Sample healthy goodies from top brands including: Barlean’s Organic Oils, Optimum Nutrition, Orgain, SoTru and more!
- Customers can bring in a shaker bottle, or purchase one in store, and receive a free scoop of protein
- Meet local wellness partners and receive consultations from area professionals, including gyms, spas, personal trainers, yoga instructors and more**
For additional information on “Share the Health,” and local wellness partners, customers are encouraged to contact their local store.
*While supplies last.
**Samples and local vendors will vary by region/store location.