Watch colorful kites and other wind-driven toys take to the skies above the Trinity River corridor at this free festival tomorrow! Bring your own kite to fly or take a free kite (while supplies last). Professional kite flyers will perform awesome aerial stunts and amaze Dallas with giant inflatable kites. The Dallas Zoo will show off some of their feathered friends and other interesting animals.
There will be a mix of fun and educational activities during the day including paper airplane making, Kid’s Fun Zone, street artists, vendors marketplace, and the Texas A&M quidditch team.
Festival grounds are in the Trinity floodway, between Commerce St. and Interstate 30, under the Commerce St. bridge. Public parking for the festival is available at parking lots near Riverfront Blvd. and Commerce St.; $5-$8.
See list below for fun activities planned for the day:
- Most events and activities are FREE, some services and activities require a fee
- FREE kite giveaway and Public kite flying (kites while supplies last)
- Dallas Area Kitefliers Organization (DAKO) and other Southwest Kite Teams
- Kid’s Fun Zone: Bounce House, Clowns, Face Painting
- Kite making booth and Paper airplane making
- Trinity Skyline Trail Walks
- Trinity Draw n’ Go Craft Making booth
- Street Artists
- Food Trucks (food and soft drinks for purchase)
- Dallas Zoo Outreach
- City Departments with information, giveaways and mascots
- Kite vendors and 60 marketplace vendors (some fees apply)
Public parking for the festival is available at parking lots near Riverfront Blvd. and Commerce St. 146 W. Commerce Street, Dallas, TX 75207 ($5 – $8 per car)
See what else is going on around town HERE!
Be sure to go here to checkout discounted ticket prices for events in Dallas and Fort Worth! Also, keep in mind that Groupon and LivingSocial always have great deals on local shops, restaurants, spas and more. GoldStar also offers half-priced entertainment! For other ways to save on going out, try Pogo Pass or City Pass!
Tags: things to do